Microarray Core Facility
The Microarray Core Facility in the Department of Genetics, Cell- and Immunobiology at Semmelweis University (H-1089. Budapest, Nagyvarad ter 4., 6. floor) provides microarray services not only to university members, but also to other non-profit or for-profit research groups. The core facility is equipped with all the instruments to carry out high-quality expression microarray analysis with Agilent technology.
The Core Facility provides one and two-colour expression microarray, microRNA microarray and comparative genome hybridization (CGH) full service at present, however, the hybridization, washing, scanning and data normalization steps for ChIP-on-Chip are also available.
Since the experimental setup can vary for expression microarrays (mono or dual-colour, number of samples etc), the service prices can be calculated only if details about the experiment are known. For further information, please contact the Head of the Core Facility (see below). In case of expression microarray, the price will include the cost of reagents from data quality control until data normalization. Please keep in mind that further bioinformatics data analysis is not automatically included.
Important documents about our services:
Services provided by the Core Facility:
- 1. Consultation before sample submission (RNA purification, controls, dual vs. single colour, experimental setup etc.). The quality of maximum 4 samples is determined free of charge before submitting the final samples.
- 2. Expression microarray full service:
- 2.1. Quality check of RNA by NanoDrop and Bioanalyzer (integrity, contamination, concentration)
- 2.2. Expression microarray measurement: linear amplification + labeling + hybridization + washing + scanning
- 2.3. Data normalization (Feature Extraction Software)
- 3. miRNA microarray:
- 3.1. Quality check of RNA by NanoDrop and Bioanalyzer
- 3.2. Microarray measurement: linear amplification + labeling + hybridization + washing + scanning
- 3.3. Data normalization (Feature Extraction Software)
- 4. Comparative Genom Hybridization: full service
- 5. Other microarray applications: ChIP-on-Chip -currently only hybridization, washing, scanning and data normalization. The initial steps and data analysis are the user's responsibility.
- 6. The data analysis by bioinformatics tools is the user's task. However, based on individual agreements expression microarray data analysis by GeneSpring software is available.
The most important instruments in the Core Facility:
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer
- Agilent Hybridization Oven
- Agilent Microarray Scanner + Feature Extraction Software
- GeneSpring GX software (Agilent/Silicon Genetics)
Applications on the Agilent Microarray System:
- Dual Colour Expression Array
- Mono Colour Expression Array
- CGH array (Comparative Genome Hybridization)
- miRNA Array
- ChIP-on-Chip array (Chromatin Immune Precipitation)
Semmelweis University Microarray Core Facility affiliation:
Prof. Andras Falus
Head of Department
Dr. Katalin Éder
Head of Microarray Lab
The lab has been set up with the financial contribution of the Department, the GVOP grant by the Hungarian government and with the investment of the Hungarian Agilent distributor (Kromat Kft) in 2004.
Please visit the following websites: